Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers as they are struggling with the health impact this is causing upon the family. To err on the side of caution, if you have had contact with the teacher or any member of the family, please monitor yourselves until we receive further information. Additionally, please follow all recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html.
- Social distance yourselves by a minimum of six feet from other people
- Wash your hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds, or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
If anyone feels they are exhibiting symptoms, please notify the appropriate medical authorities and remain in contact with school officials.
The employee last attended the campus on Thursday, March 19th, and school was dismissed for students by the end of day Monday, March 16th.
Please keep our Lumberton teacher and family in your thoughts and prayers. I have refrained from placing any names in this message out of respect for the privacy of the individual and their family members.
Gerald Chandler, Ed.D.